Welcome to the Inverkip & Wemyss Bay Community Council (IWBCC) Website. Here you will find all the latest news and information on the Community Council, its members and its work representing the views of our 5,650 constituents. You will also find all the latest information about what is happening in the local communities of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip.
The Villages of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip are situated on the coast of the Firth of Clyde in Inverclyde on the west central lowlands of Scotland. Both villages lie about 4 miles (6.4km) southwest of Greenock on the A78 trunk road. Both villages are served by two railway stations, The Wemyss Bay Railway Station and the Inverkip Railway Station.
Wemyss Bay is the port for ferries to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute and Inverkip is the home of the renowned Kip Marina. Both villages are historic in their own right, Wemyss Bay was the home of Greenock first MP Robert Wallace and Inverkip is a protected historic site.
- MAJOR Retailer The Range Opening Its New Greenock Store
- PROMOTION — Order Your Weekend Breakfast From Fenwick 47
- Almost 1,000 flock to club fairways as lockdown lifted
- River Clyde Homes criticised for charging residents for sign safety repairs
- Rig Arts launch super hero comic book classes online
- NATURE — Listening Out For The ‘King Of The Warblers’ As The Tally Of Bird Species Soars
- TV star Martin Compston snaps up the first leaf on Ardgowan Hospice's new sculpture
- CVS Inverclyde encourages residents to join discussion about coronavirus relief effort
- PARENTS Urged Not To Give Teenagers Lifts To Lockdown-Defying Gatherings
- CORONAVIRUS — Weekly Official Figures Show One More Inverclyde Death
- WOMAN Allegedly Spat At Police Officers
Updates on Bin Collection arrangements, Click Here.
For Advice and Official Notices on the Coronavirus, CLICK HERE