Welcome to the Inverkip & Wemyss Bay Community Council (IWBCC) Website. Here you will find all the latest news and information on the Community Council, its members and its work representing the views of our 5,650 constituents. You will also find all the latest information about what is happening in the local communities of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip.
The Villages of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip are situated on the coast of the Firth of Clyde in Inverclyde on the west central lowlands of Scotland. Both villages lie about 4 miles (6.4km) southwest of Greenock on the A78 trunk road. Both villages are served by two railway stations, The Wemyss Bay Railway Station and the Inverkip Railway Station.
Wemyss Bay is the port for ferries to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute and Inverkip is the home of the renowned Kip Marina. Both villages are historic in their own right, Wemyss Bay was the home of Greenock first MP Robert Wallace and Inverkip is a protected historic site.
Possible Plans for former IBM Site: See Local News Page
- TRIBUTE Paid Following Death Of Much-Loved Greenockian Ian McCrorie
- HELICOPTER Brought In For Clyde Search At Greenock
- Helicopter scrambled in missing person search in Greenock
- Charity champ stunned after intruder spotted on his property
- Houses targeted by almost 100 police officers during early morning drugs raid
- GREENOCK Cut Volunteers Selling Christmas Crafts
- Restaurant manager launches her own personal styling service
- Archie MacPherson backs Morton fans’ share group
- AWARD Recognition For Community Stalwart Jenny
- ARRESTS In Inverkip And Largs By Organised Crime Investigators
- CAROL Concert With Brass Sounds Inverclyde
- WITNESS Appeal After Theft From Caravan
- AMAZON Gourock Donate £3,000 To Inverclyde Foodbank