Welcome to the Inverkip & Wemyss Bay Community Council (IWBCC) Website. Here you will find all the latest news and information on the Community Council, its members and its work representing the views of our 5,650 constituents. You will also find all the latest information about what is happening in the local communities of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip.
The Villages of Wemyss Bay & Inverkip are situated on the coast of the Firth of Clyde in Inverclyde on the west central lowlands of Scotland. Both villages lie about 4 miles (6.4km) southwest of Greenock on the A78 trunk road. Both villages are served by two railway stations, The Wemyss Bay Railway Station and the Inverkip Railway Station.
Wemyss Bay is the port for ferries to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute and Inverkip is the home of the renowned Kip Marina. Both villages are historic in their own right, Wemyss Bay was the home of Greenock first MP Robert Wallace and Inverkip is a protected historic site.
- Robber held up a taxi driver at knifepoint
- SQA exam results day: 11 tweets that sum up everyone's reactions
- One of Inverclyde's biggest events of the year is set to be scaled back in the hope it can go ahead in spite of coronavirus
- Tennis organisation which helps get Inverclyde families out on court has netted a significant cash boost
- Coronavirus LIVE: Fears Scotland's schools reopening will spike COVID-19 cases
- RECRUITMENT — General Manager For Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union, Greenock
- MAN Allegedly Stole From Boys And Tried To Con Pensioner
- WOMAN Injured In Alleged Hammer Assault
- COUNCIL Due To Press Ahead With £4.6Million Investment In Pre-Five Buildings
- DRIVER Charged After Gourock Collision
- PARTYGOERS Dispersed By Police For Breaching Covid Rules
Updates on Bin Collection arrangements, Click Here.
For Advice and Official Notices on the Coronavirus, CLICK HERE